- Within 7 days we will contact you to review and finalize the tour and your invoice will be created and emailed to you for payment. The tour must be paid in its entirety prior to the tour start date.
- Within the next 2 weeks, depending on the timing of your tour, our hosts will receive an invitation to participate in your tour, it will include the synopsis (cover copy) of your book and the tour dates. Those interested will contact us and we will schedule them, record their dates and preferences, and send them their ebook. All requests for printed books will be emailed to you, or someone you designate, to be mailed out by you. The hosts will also be asked if they would like a guest post and/or interview. These are done on a first come basis.
- Within this time your tour page will also be created and posted on our website. You may request edits only within the first seven days of when we email you the link to the completed page. More than two requests will result in an additional fee. The information included on this page comes directly from the form you submit. You are emailed a confirmation copy, it is your responsibility to review this information for accuracy.
- One month prior to the tour kick-off each participating host will receive a PR Press Package containing your image, your bio, a cover image of the book, synopsis, excerpt, book details, purchase and site links for posting (Amazon, Goodreads and B&N as applicable), your contact links and additional information that they are to use on the day they post their review.
- Once the tour kicks off, each week we will send a reminder to the bloggers that are scheduled to post their review the next 7-10 days. You will be sent an email when each host posts letting you know the link and a summary. You should leave a comment and share this on your social media sites.
- If you have chosen to include giveaways as a part of the tour they will be handled in one of the following two ways
- If there are a limited number of giveaways we use Rafflecopter.com to host a tour-wide giveaway and offer that code to all of our hosts in the PR Press Package.
- If you have chosen to give away an unlimited number of books or ebooks we prefer & suggest that only those hosts that participate with a review host a giveaway of one (1) EBook per tour stop.
How Partners In Crime Virtual Book tours runs a tour and our philosophy:
- Reviews are paramount. Good reviews bring recognition to your book. Therefore, even when we schedule guest posts or interviews, we request that the host also provide a review.
- Running a tour or prepping a tour with a different company and/or by yourself at the same time as your Partners in Crime Virtual Book tour will nullify the minimum requirements for tour stops
- Unless otherwise requested, PICT does not stop scheduling stops when we reach the contracted minimum of stops. We’ll book as many stops as we’re able, depending on the responses received from those that want to participate.
- We are available to the client and/or hosts for any questions, comments and/or suggestions and encourage this to open the lines of communication and to have a good working relationship.
- Once the tour starts, a member of our team checks each scheduled stop, reads the review and leaves a comment. PICT encourages the author to also leave a comment. Being a reviewer myself on my personal blog, PICT knows how important it is to see a comment from the author. Because this is a hobby for the hosts, it makes them feel special that the author took time to stop by their blog.
- Also, if the review is a positive one, PICT posts a blurb on our Facebook and Twitter pages with a link to the review, which again reaches a large audience. We will use our discretion if the review is in the middle range. If, for some reason, we are “on the fence” regarding a review, we will share our thoughts as to why and ask your thoughts if you want that item posted to our social media sites.
- The majority of our hosts are invited. Our team scours the internet to find hosts that are reliable and who enjoy this genre. The main criteria for new hosts are:
- We read the review policy to see that our specialty genre is a favorite of their’s
- How many followers the blogger has (I want to know that my client’s book will reach a wide audience. The majority of our hosts have a minimum of 100-5000+ followers in a combination of outlets: Facebook, Blog, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon.
- There are some negatives that PICT is unable to control. We do still do everything we can to try to minimize some of those problems.
- This is a “hobby” for our hosts, however, their followers and/or readers do make decisions on reading your book or not. Paid reviewers are not permitted to post on Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
- We have no control over whether a person will enjoy your book. We do our best to vet our hosts however, we can’t promise that they will enjoy your book nor can we control whether a host posts a negative review. We do ask that they notify us prior to posting a less than glowing review but are unable to control whether that is done.
- A host may not post a review. If a review is not posted by mid afternoon of a scheduled day, we send another email to the host asking the status of their posting and will put you on Bcc so that you are “kept in the loop”.
- Sometimes real life may interfere. A host may have a personal reason for not posting on their scheduled day and ask if they can reschedule, PICT always will honor the request.
Payments and Refunds:
Within 7 days of your submission and approval of terms, 50% of the tour/blas fee is due. The invitation to the hosts and the tour page will not be created until the 50% has been paid.
Prior to the start of your tour, the balance of the tour/blast fees must be paid.
We may give a partial refund if we are unable to find the minimum number of hosts to host your book. The tour fee is not representative of the amount of work that is put in and administrative costs will still apply. No refund will be given if after reading the book the hosts are unable to finish the book, if they post negative reviews, if you do not like their reviews, or if you choose that the hosts not post a review.
* last Updated January 13, 2017