Miranda and the D-Day Caper
by Shelly Frome
on Tour May 1-31 2020
A modern day mystery with WWII tactics, old-time heroes and values, and the efforts of two amateur cousin sleuths from the Heartland.
On a sparkling spring morning in the Blue Ridge, small-town realtor Miranda Davis approached the tailgate market, intent on dealing with her whimsical cousin Skip’s unexpected arrival from New York. It turns out that Skip was on the run and, in his panic, grabbed his beloved tabby Duffy, recalling that Miranda had a recent part in solving a case down in Carolina. His predicament stemmed from intercepting code messages like “Countdown to D-Day,” playfully broadcasting the messages on his radio show over the nation-wide network, and subsequently forced to flee.
At first, Miranda tried to limit her old childhood companion’s conundrum to the sudden abduction of Duffy the cat. But the forces that be were hell-bent on keeping Skip under wraps by any means after he now stumbled close to the site of their master plan. Miranda’s subsequent efforts to decipher the conspiracy and somehow intervene placed both herself and her old playmate on a collision course with a white-nationalist perpetrator and the continuing machinations of the right-wing enterprise, with the lives of all those gathered for a diversity celebration in nearby Asheville and a crucial senatorial vote on homeland security hanging in the balance.
Book Formats: ePub, mobi, Print
Hosting Options: Review, Interview, Guest Post, Showcase
Giveaway: There will be a PICT Giveaway
More: According to the author Miranda and the D-Day Caper does not include: Excessive Strong Language, Graphic Violence, Explicit Sexual Scenes, Rape, or other trigger situations. It does contain what some may consider to be: Clean (mild language no more than a mild swear or two, no sex, mild innuendo). PICT staff have not read this book, however and cannot give additional information.
Read an excerpt:
Shelly Frome is a member of Mystery Writers of America, a professor of dramatic arts emeritus at the University of Connecticut, a former professional actor, a writer of crime novels and books on theater and film. He is also a features writer for Gannett Media’s Black Mountain News. His fiction includes Sun Dance for Andy Horn, Lilac Moon, Twilight of the Drifter, Tinseltown Riff, Murder Run, Moon Games and The Secluded Village Murders. Among his works of non-fiction are The Actors Studio and texts on the art and craft of screenwriting and writing for the stage. Miranda and the D-Day Caper is his latest foray into the world of crime and the amateur sleuth. He lives in Black Mountain, North Carolina.
1. 05/01 Review @ Ebeeari
2. 05/01 Showcase @ Im All About Books
3. 05/01 Showcase @ The Reading Frenzy
4. 05/03 Showcase @ A Bookworms Journal
5. 05/03 Showcase @ Nesies Place
6. 05/03 Showcase @ The Book Diva Reads
7. 05/04 Review @ Book Reviews From an Avid Reader
8. 05/04 Showcase @ Tome Tender
9. 05/05 Guest post @ Its Raining Books
10. 05/06 Guest post @ 411 ON BOOKS, AUTHORS, AND PUBLISHING NEWS
11. 05/06 Showcase @ Reading A Page Turner
12. 05/07 Guest post @ BooksChatter
13. 05/08 Review @ Bring on Lemons
14. 05/11 Showcase @ Archaeolibrarian – I Dig Good Books!
15. 05/12 Review @ sunny island breezes
16. 05/13 Interview/showcase @ CMash Reads
17. 05/14 Review @ Nik’s Nook
18. 05/17 Showcase @ Eclectic Moods
19. 05/17 Showcase @ fundinmental
20. 05/18 Showcase @ Just Books
21. 05/19 Showcase @ Hott Books
22. 05/21 Interview @ Quiet Fury Books
23. 05/21 Showcase @ Sapphyrias Books
24. 05/22 Showcase @ La libreria di Beppe
25. 05/24 Showcase @ Eien Café
26. 05/25 Review @ Cheryls Book Nook
27. 05/27 Review @ Celticladys Reviews
28. 05/29 Showcase @ The Way I see it
Thank you for your interest in this tour. We are no longer accepting hosts for Miranda and the D-Day Caper by Shelly Frome.