Death by the River
by Alexandrea Weis and Lucas Astor
on Tour October 1 – November 30, 2018
A High School “American Psycho”
SOME TRUTHS ARE BETTER KEPT SECRET.
SOME SECRETS ARE BETTER OFF DEAD.
Along the banks of the Bogue Falaya River, sits the abandoned St. Francis Seminary. Beneath a canopy of oaks, blocked from prying eyes, the teens of St. Benedict High gather here on Fridays. The rest of the week belongs to school and family—but weekends belong to the river.
And the river belongs to Beau Devereaux.
The only child of a powerful family, Beau can do no wrong. Handsome. Charming. Intelligent. The star quarterback of the football team. The “prince” of St. Benedict is the ultimate catch.
He is also a psychopath.
A dirty family secret buried for years, Beau’s evil grows unchecked. In the shadows of the ruined St. Francis Abbey, he commits unspeakable acts on his victims and ensures their silence with threats and intimidation. Senior year, Beau sets his sights on his girlfriend’s headstrong twin sister, Leslie, who hates him. Everything he wants but cannot have, she will be his ultimate prize.
As the victim toll mounts, it becomes crystal clear that someone has to stop Beau Devereaux.
And that someone will pay with their life.
Genre: Young Adult, Horror, Thriller
Published by: Vesuvian Books
Publication Date: October 2, 2018
Number of Pages: 389
ISBN: 1944109145 (ISBN13: 9781944109141)
Purchase Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads
Book Formats: ePub, mobi, Print (US and Canada)
Hosting Options: Review, Interview, Guest Post, Showcase
Giveaway: There will be a PICT Giveaway
More: According to the publisher Death by the River does not include: Excessive Strong Language, Explicit Sexual Scenes, or other trigger situations. It does contain Graphic Violence and Rape. PICT staff have not read this book, however and cannot give additional information.
Read an excerpt:
Alexandrea Weis, RN-CS, CRRN, ONC, PhD, is a multi award-winning author of twenty-five novels, a screenwriter, ICU Nurse, and historian who was born and raised in the French Quarter of New Orleans. Having grown up in the motion picture industry as the daughter of a director, she learned to tell stories from a different perspective and began writing at the age of eight.
Infusing the rich tapestry of her hometown into her novels, she believes that creating vivid characters makes a story moving and memorable.
A permitted/certified wildlife rehabber with the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries, Weis rescues orphaned and injured animals. She lives with her husband and pets in New Orleans. Weis writes paranormal, suspense, thrillers, horror, crime fiction, and romance.
Lucas Astor is from New York, has resided in Central America and the Middle East, and traveled through Europe. He lives a very private, virtually reclusive lifestyle, preferring to spend time with a close-knit group of friends than be in the spotlight.
He is an author and poet with a penchant for telling stories that delve into the dark side of the human psyche. He likes to explore the evil that exists, not just in the world, but right next door behind a smiling face.
Photography, making wine, and helping endangered species are just some of his interests. Lucas is an expert archer and enjoys jazz, blues, and classical music.
One of his favorite quotes is: “It’s better to be silent than be a fool.” ~Harper Lee (To Kill a Mockingbird)
1. 10/01 Showcase @ tfaulcbookreviews
2. 10/02 Review @ Lynchburg Mama
3. 10/03 Showcase @ 411 on Books, Authors, and Publishing News
4. 10/04 Guest post @ Writers and Authors
5. 10/04 Showcase @ Bound 2 Escape
6. 10/05 Review @ 3 Partners in Shopping, Nana, Mommy, & Sissy, Too!
7. 10/08 Review @ Stacking My Book Shelves!
8. 10/09 Interview/showcase @ CMash Reads
9. 10/10 Review @ The World As I See It
10. 10/11 Interview @ BooksChatter
11. 10/12 Review @ everywhere and nowhere
12. 10/13 Showcase @ Oh Hey! Books.
13. 10/15 Guest post @ Quiet Fury Books
14. 10/16 Review @ Wall-to-wall books
15. 10/17 Guest post @ The Bibliovert
16. 10/18 Review @ FUONLYKNEW
17. 10/19 Showcase @ The Pulp and Mystery Shelf
18. 10/20 Review @ Cheryls Book Nook
19. 10/22 Review @ Sailor Girl Etc
20. 10/23 Review @ Archaeolibrarian – I Dig Good Books!
21. 10/24 Review @ Buried Under Books
22. 10/25 Review @ Dont Judge, Read
23. 10/26 Guest post @ Crack A Book Cafe
24. 10/30 Guest post @ bless their hearts mom blog
25. 10/31 Guest post @ Dont Judge, Read
26. 11/01 Review @ bless their hearts mom blog
27. 11/02 Review @ Books Direct
28. 11/04 Review @ Syllables of Swathi
29. 11/05 Review @ Zooloo Book Blog
30. 11/12 Showcase @ The Bookworm Lodge
31. 11/21 Review @ JBronder Book Reviews
32. 11/28 Review @ A Room Without Books is Empty
33. 11/29 Review @ Brooke Blogs
34. 11/30 Showcase @ Teatime and Books
Thank you for your interest in this tour. We are no longer accepting hosts to tour Death by the River.